Hepler’s Hardware is small, veteran-owned, family-operated company that has been in business for more than 75 years. Our emphasis is on customer service with a specialty in problem-solving. If you are passionate about helping people, are seeking a new job opportunity, and would like to contribute to our mission, apply to be part of our team. And teamwork is key: In our small business, everyone wears many hats.
• 2+ years’ retail experience and/or general or specific hardware department knowledge
• 2+ years’ experience using computers, electronic devices, internet based and Microsoft Office programs
• IDEAL: Certifications or degrees in retail, hardware, or a related department (i.e. fencing, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, small engine repair, home heating)
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Superb customer service skills
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to complete required training in the expected time-frame
• Willingness to seek out and participate in ongoing learning opportunities
• Ability to multi-task and maximize time management
• Customer Service: Greet customers, identify customer needs, provide appropriate solutions. Assist customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation, purchase, and loading of merchandise. Develop customer relations.
• Check-Out: Efficiently process customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with authorized procedures.
• Retail Merchandise: Count inventory, price product, refresh merchandising, place orders, stock shelves, manage product displays. Ship, receive, deliver, assemble, and install products. Ensure a clean, shop-able, and safe retail floor. Maintain current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits, and availability.
• Basic Maintenance: Cleaning, light greenhouse work.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Punctual and reliable
• Valid driver’s license
• High school diploma
• Lift at least 40lbs repeatedly /80lbs unassisted (up to 100lbs with assistance)
• Stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time
Must be readily available during the following standard hours of operation:
• Open Monday-Friday 8AM-7PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM
• Closed all Sundays and major holidays
Submit cover letter, resume, and references by email only to Hepler’s Hardware: contactus@ heplers-hardware.com. Please, no phone calls or paper resumes.