Hepler’s Hardware is seeking a small-engine mechanic willing to serve as our new full-time STIHL technician. We are seeking an experienced equipment technician who is organized, reliable, and customer-service driven. A skilled mechanic will be certified as our next STIHL Repair Technician. The position entails assembling new equipment for customers and servicing primarily STIHL equipment for both personal and commercial customers. The individual will perform repairs of all brands of small engine equipment, mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, sharpening chains, and blades at our on-site repair shop. Other equipment repairs could include snowblowers, garden tillers, heaters, and more. General hardware knowledge and retail customer service are part of the role. The position is full-time with the potential for overtime.
Hepler’s Hardware is small, veteran-owned, family-operated corporation that has been in business for more than 75 years. Our emphasis is on customer service with a specialty in problem-solving. If you are passionate about helping people, are seeking a new job opportunity, and would like to contribute to our mission, apply to be part of our team. And teamwork is key: In our small business, everyone wears many hats.
• 2+ years small engine mechanic
• 2+ years customer service
• IDEAL: Certifications or degrees in small engine repair
• 2+ years’ retail experience and/or general or specific hardware department knowledge
• 2+ years’ experience using computers, electronic devices, internet based and Microsoft Office programs
• IDEAL: Certifications or degrees in retail, hardware, or a related department (i.e. fencing, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, small engine repair, home heating)
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Superb customer service skills
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to complete required training in the expected timeframe
• Willingness to seek out and participate in ongoing learning opportunities
• Ability to multi-task and maximize time management
• Customer Service: Greet customers, identify customer needs, provide appropriate solutions. Assist customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation, purchase, and loading of merchandise. Develop customer relations.
• Retail Merchandise: Order shop parts and associated retail merchandise. Track inventory, price product, stock shelves, refresh merchandise, manage product displays. Ship, receive, deliver, assemble, and install products. Ensure a clean, shop-able, and safe retail floor and repair shop. Maintain current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits, and availability.
• Other duties as assigned. Every employee is trained on basics of our retail hardware, and as needed by assisting with forklift operations, equipment delivery, merchandise loading, propane filling, key-making, etc.
• Punctual and reliable
• Valid driver’s license
• High school diploma
• Lift at least 40lbs repeatedly /80lbs unassisted (up to 100lbs with assistance)
• Stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time
Must be readily available during the following standard hours of operation:
• Open Monday-Friday 8AM-7PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM
• Closed all Sundays and major holidays
Submit resumes by email only to Hepler’s Hardware: firstname.lastname@example.org