Hepler’s Hardware is small, veteran-owned, family-operated company that has been in business for nearly 80 years. Our emphasis is on customer service with a specialty in problem-solving. If you are passionate about helping people, are seeking a new part-time to full-time job opportunity, and would like to contribute to our mission, apply to be part of our team. And teamwork is key: In our small business, everyone wears many hats.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• 2+ years’ general or specific hardware knowledge and/or retail experience
• 3+ years’ experience using computers, electronic devices, internet-based and Microsoft Office programs. Database systems knowledge strongly preferred.
• First-hand knowledge in at least one hardware department: Electrical, plumbing, paint, lawn and garden, power equipment, sporting goods, small engine repair, fencing, or home heating.
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Superb customer service skills
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to complete required training in the expected time frame
• Willingness to seek out and participate in ongoing learning opportunities
• Ability to multi-task and maximize time management
Depending on the needs of the team when hired, an associate’s relevant duties may include but are not limited to:
• Customer Service: Greet customers, identify customer needs, provide appropriate solutions. Assist customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation, purchase, and loading of merchandise. Develop customer relations.
• Cashier /Point of Sales Service: Efficiently process customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with authorized procedures. Guiding phone and on-site customer inquiries.
• Retail Merchandising: Place orders, stock shelves, manage product displays, count inventory, price product, refresh merchandising. Ship, receive, deliver, assemble, and install products. Start and demonstrate power equipment. Maintain current knowledge of merchandise lines, product features, benefits, and availability.
• Basic Maintenance: Ensure a clean, shop-able, and safe retail floor. Trash removal, general housekeeping service, light greenhouse work, merchandise assembly.
• Small Engine & Workbench Services: Assemble and start new equipment. Sharpen chains and blades. Service multiple brands of small engine equipment (primarily STIHL), including mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, snow blowers, garden tillers, heaters, and more.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Punctual and reliable
• Valid driver’s license
• High school diploma
• Lift at least 40lbs repeatedly / 50lbs unassisted (additional weight with assistance)
• Stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
Must be readily available during the following standard hours of operation:
• Open Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM
• Closed all Sundays and major holidays
Submit resumes with references by email only to Hepler’s Hardware: email@example.com.
*No phone calls or paper resume submissions.