Hepler’s Hardware is seeking an assistant shop technician to work in our small-engine shop. This technician will work side-by-side with our lead mechanic. On-the-job training is provided to become a certified STIHL repair technician. The ideal applicant should be comfortable using a computer, have experience with hand tools, an interest in small engines, and a passion for learning. Primary responsibilities will include maintaining parts inventory, fielding customer inquiries, and helping assemble and repair small engine equipment for personal and commercial customers. Our shop operates year-round, repairing numerous makes and models of equipment, including but not limited to: Trimmers, chainsaws, mowers, garden tillers, and snowblowers. We are seeking an individual who is organized, reliable, and customer-service driven. General hardware knowledge and retail customer service are part of the role. The position is full-time up to 40 hours per week.
Hepler’s Hardware is small, veteran-owned, family-operated corporation that has been in business for 80 years. Our emphasis is on customer service with a specialty in problem-solving. If you are passionate about helping people, are seeking a new job opportunity, and would like to contribute to our mission, apply to be part of our team. And teamwork is key: In our small business, everyone wears many hats.
• Familiarity with computers and databases • Experience in small engine repair
• Comfortable using hand tools • Demonstration of customer service skills
• 1-2 years of experience or certifications in small engine repair
• Customer service and knowledge in retail hardware (i.e. fencing, plumbing, electrical)
• Personal set of tools
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Strong work ethic • Problem-solving capabilities
• Self-motivation • Ability to multi-task and maximize time management
• Complete required training in expected timeframe • Willingness to seek out / participate in learning opportunities
• Small Engine Repair: Help diagnose, disassemble, and repair a variety of small engine equipment following relevant training and professional practices.
• Retail Merchandise: Order shop parts. Track inventory, price product, stock shelves, refresh merchandise, manage product displays. Ship, receive, deliver, assemble, and install products. Ensure a clean, shop-able, and safe retail floor and repair shop. Maintain current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits, and availability.
• Customer Service: Greet customers, identify customer needs, provide appropriate solutions. Assist customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation, purchase, and loading of merchandise. Develop customer relations.
• Other duties as assigned. Every employee is trained on basics of our retail hardware, and as needed may assist with forklift operations, equipment delivery, merchandise loading, propane filling, key-making, etc.
• Punctual and reliable • Stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time
• High school diploma • Lift at least 40lbs repeatedly /80lbs unassisted (up to 100lbs with assistance)
• Valid driver’s license
Small engine shop staff work up to 40 hours / 5 days weekly, including Saturday hours. Our standard hours of operation:
• Open Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM
• Closed all Sundays and major holidays
APPLY: Submit resumes by email only to Hepler’s Hardware: firstname.lastname@example.org (3.1.22)