Hepler’s Hardware has an opening for a part-time to full-time cashier retail associate. Hepler’s Hardware is small, veteran and family-owned company that has been in business for 80 years. Our emphasis is on customer service with a specialty in problem-solving. If you are passionate about helping people, are seeking a consistent and permanent part-time or full-time job opportunity, and would like to contribute to our mission, apply today to be part of our team.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
• General retail experience, assisting customers find products they need.
• 2+ years’ experience using computer point of sales systems and Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge in a hardware department: Electrical, plumbing, paint, lawn and garden, power equipment, sporting goods, small engine repair, fencing, or home heating.
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Strong work ethic
• Superb customer service skills
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to complete required training in the expected time frame
• Willingness to learn, seek out, and participate in ongoing learning opportunities
• Ability to multi-task and maximize time management
Depending on the needs of the team when hired, an associate’s relevant duties may include but are not limited to:
• Customer Service: Greet customers, identify customer needs, provide appropriate solutions. Assist customers in the selection, demonstration, preparation, purchase, and loading of merchandise. Develop customer relations.
• Cashier /Point of Sales Service: Efficiently process customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with authorized procedures. Guiding phone and on-site customer inquiries.
• Retail Merchandising: Place orders, stock shelves, manage product displays, count inventory, price product, refresh merchandising. Ship, receive, deliver, assemble, and install products. Start and demonstrate power equipment. Maintain current knowledge of merchandise lines, product features, benefits, and availability.
• Basic Maintenance: Ensure a clean, shop-able, and safe retail floor. Trash removal, general housekeeping service, light greenhouse work, merchandise assembly.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Punctual and reliable
• Valid driver’s license
• High school diploma
• Lift at least 40lbs repeatedly / 50lbs unassisted (additional weight with assistance)
• Stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
Must be readily available during the following standard hours of operation:
• Open Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM
• Closed all Sundays and major holidays
Submit resumes with references by email only to Hepler’s Hardware: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or paper resume submissions.